EMVA as the European machine vision industry lobby supports the interests and concerns of its members, and helps to ensure that imaging and vision technologies are widely applied throughout all industry sectors, manufacturing and non-manufacturing, in Europe and abroad.
Specifically the following goals have been identified by the association members as most beneficial:
- Support the international marketing activities of the EMVA member companies by providing member-exclusive marketing platforms across all channels: social networks, print, trade shows, conferences, and direct mail. EMVA provides a one-stop access for all organizations having an interest to learn more about vision technologies or to find the right partner, supplier or discussion counterpart. While helping users of vision technologies EMVA at the same time helps its members to increase their global visibility and to get access to clients across all industries.
- Develop and promote industry standards on a global level. Standardization is a highly effective engine for increased acceptance of vision technology and strongly fuels growth. By hosting several standardization activities EMVA provides the platform and network for industry-driven groups developing vision-specific standards. Worldwide dissemination is achieved by close cooperation with other standardization bodies in Europe, North America and Japan.
- Research and provide industry-specific market data. EMVA conducts a quarterly market data survey for Europe. Sales data is analyzed and evaluated for all major product groups. An industry sentiment about the future development of the European vision market is determined. Through harmonization and cooperation with the North American association further transparency is gained. In addition to the quarterly market data report in-depth country-specific reports are prepared and provided to the EMVA members as basis for their strategic decisions.
- Provide education and knowledge transfer. Education of vision technology customers and newcomers to this industry is a major pillar for successful dissemination and further increase of market access. As association, EMVA can provide educational information in a neutral way and can facilitate knowledge transfer between academia and industry on a European level.
- Promote the vision technology development road map on a European level. EMVA is the industry lobby promoting its member´s interest in comprehensive R&D activities on a European level. The key role of Vision technologies is brought to the attention of European funding bodies and the integration of vision technologies into future R&D funding roadmaps is supported.
1. PRESENTING YOUR COMPANY/ORGANIZATION AND YOUR PRODUCTS/SERVICES VIA:
- EMVA website: www.emva.org
- EMVA Social Network channels: LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube
- EMVA monthly newsletter and EMVA news
- EMVA Buyers Guide
- EMVA market reports and other publications
- EMVA presentations at trade fairs, conferences, and other events
2. EXPANDING YOUR NETWORKING PLATFORM THROUGH
- EMVA Networking Events
- Annual Machine Vision Business Conference
- International Vision Night
- Local and national Events
3. PROVIDING ACCESS TO CRUCIAL INFORMATION
- European machine vision statistics, industry trends, expert opinions
- Specific country reports
4. CONTRIBUTING TO STANDARDS AND INNOVATION
– EMVA 1288 Standard: www.standard1288.org
– GenICamTM Standard: www.genicam.org
– Future Standards Forum
– Global cooperation on standards with other associations
- R&D and Innovation
– Cooperation between industry and academia
– Definition of strategic R&D roadmaps for machine vision technology
5. CONSTRIBUTING TO MACHINE VISION KNOWLEDGE AND DISSEMINATION
- Seminars, Webinars, White Paper
- Machine Vision Education