5th European Machine Vision Forum (EMVF)
‘Accuracy, Reliability and Limits of Machine Vision’
October 27-28, 2022,
Páirc Uí Chaoimh Conference Centre
Share your expertise on the focal topic:
Accuracy, Reliability and Limits of Machine Vision
As all technologies, machine vision has limitations in theoretical capabilities and application areas. Since machine vision is a cross-sector technology, such limits can be manifold, with questions such as
- What is the highest possible image resolution, considering the operational conditions?
- What limits the sensitivity and quality of image acquisition?
- What are the limits of different techniques for 3D image acquisition?
- To what extent can the image data stream be reduced in order to obtain the information of interest (also considering compressive sensing)?
- How tiny can image processing systems become and what is the minimum power required to operate them?
- How reliable can image processing systems be?
- How can the latency between image acquisition and evaluation result be reduced?
- Where are the limits and pitfalls of machine learning
You are invited to submit your valuable contribution to this focal topic. Submit your extended abstract for a contributed talk or poster no later than June 5th, 2022, via this Application Form.
All submissions are openly reviewed by the joint Scientific and Industrial Advisory Board of the forum.
Prof. Dr. Michael Heizmann, Director of the Institute of Industrial Information Technology, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Karlsruhe, Germany, and Chair of the European Machine Vision Forum will be pleased to welcome you to the 5th edition of EMVA’s ‘Research Meets Industry’ initiative.
Requested Submission Details
- The extended abstract (1-2 pages PDF file) must include in the following order
- Title of contribution
- Authors and their affiliation
- Extended abstract, at least one page, at most two pages; it can but need not include graphics, pictures, and references.